We are pleased to welcome two new members to our Asset Allocation Committee: Caroline S. Miller and Guthrie Steward.
Well known in the industry, Caroline and Guthrie will be assets to our investors. They will contribute to the multiplication of viewpoints and bring new ideas, giving us an even broader perspective on the markets.
The Committee provides asset allocation advice, sets related guidelines and reviews decisions that have been made in several multi-asset class strategies managed by Pembroke.
These strategies include the Global Balanced Strategy, the Canadian Balanced Strategy, the Global Equity Strategy and customized strategies that may be provided to clients of Pembroke’s Private Investment Office. Advice is intended to be strategic in nature, rather than tactical.
- Caroline S. Miller, CFA, ICD. D, MBA (Advisor), is a global investment strategist and corporate director. She was Senior Vice President, Managing Editor and Global Macro Strategist at BCA Research from 2012 to 2020. She joined the board of the Pembroke American Growth Fund during 2019.
- Guthrie Stewart, ICD. D, LL. B., MBA (Advisor), is a corporate director. He was previously Vice Chair of the Investment Committee and Senior Vice President, Global Head of Private Investments at PSP Investments. Guthrie served on the Board of the Pembroke American Growth Fund from 2003 to 2015, first as a director and then as chair.
- David Whittall (Chair) is a Partner and Chief Risk Officer at Pembroke Management. He joined the firm in 2016 and is based in Montreal. Learn More.
- A. Scott Taylor, CFA, is Co-founder and Chairman Emeritus of Pembroke Management. He joined the firm in 1968 and is based in Montreal.
- A. Ian Aitken, M. S. C., CFA, is Managing Partner, Director and Portfolio Manager at Pembroke Management, and President, Chief Executive Officer, at Pembroke Private Wealth Management. He joined the firm in 1987 and is based in Montreal. Learn More.
- Joshua Ghoddoussi, CFA, is an Investment Analyst at Pembroke Management. He joined the firm in 2013 and is based in Montreal. Learn More.