Pembroke has become a signatory to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI). The PRI is a non-profit organization of members dedicated to achieving a sustainable global financial system underpinned by good governance, integrity and accountability. The PRI is supported by the United Nations and other global policy makers although it is not part of the United Nations or affiliated with any government. Signatories to the PRI acknowledge the benefit to the environment and to society of an economically efficient, sustainable, global financial system and commit to supporting the following six voluntary principles:
- We will incorporate Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles
Pembroke’s Managing Partner Mr. Ian Aitken stated: “We are pleased to be signatories of the UN’s Principles for Responsible Investing as these principles are aligned with our investment philosophy and should help create value over time.” PRI CEO Fiona Reynolds said: “We are very pleased to welcome Pembroke as a signatory to the PRI. In joining the PRI, Pembroke is highlighting its commitment to consider E, S and G factors as part of investment strategies for its private wealth and institutional clients in Canada and beyond. We look forward to working with the Pembroke team.”
As long-term, fundamental investors, Pembroke’s mission is to help our clients secure their financial futures. As fiduciaries acting on behalf of our clients, we analyze the return and risk characteristics of all potential investments. Pembroke believes that sound ESG practices can reduce a firm’s risk and improve its operational, financial and stock price performance and believe that the firm’s clients will benefit from our support of the UNPRI.
Publish Date: October 21, 2019