Our mission is to help Pembroke clients secure their financial futures. We firmly believe that applying sound environmental, social, and governance (ESG) principles can reduce risk and improve operational, financial and stock price performance.
For this reason, we integrate the analysis of non-financial factors, including ESG factors and climate risk factors, into our appraisal of the long-term risks and growth prospects of companies.
This is accomplished through a process of risk-prioritized inquiry, engagement and collaboration.
United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment
The frameworks for analyzing ESG and climate risk factors are evolving. Pembroke has chosen to support organizations that we believe are shaping these frameworks.
That’s why Pembroke signed the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI) and publicly supported the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) in 2021.
Pembroke is committed to the UNPRI’s six principles. We believe our support is consistent with our core values and the stewardship activities our clients expect.
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our policies and practices
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the principles within the investment industry
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the principles
- We will report on our activities and progress towards implementing the principles
We have developed policies to support our stewardship and responsible investment practices:
Additional policies are available upon request and include:
- Pembroke Proxy Voting Policy
- Pembroke Diversity Policy
- Pembroke Code of Ethics